Accounts Payable Specialist
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist with a passion for Finance (18 month contract).
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services – the pots, pans, soups and sauces – they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
As the newest addition to the Cytiva family, Vanrx is at the forefront of introducing groundbreaking robotics and automation to the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Our systems are used by leading biopharma companies around the world to develop cutting-edge drug products and life-saving therapies.
We are looking for a Accounts Payable Specialist (18 month contract) to work with our expert Finance team of seven employees in Burnaby. Do you have a passion for Finance and Accounting? Then we would love to hear from you.
What you will do
- Receive and record invoices from vendors.
- Match invoices to purchasing and receiving records, where available. Route non-inventory invoices to appropriate managers for approval. Resolve invoice discrepancies with internal and external parties, as appropriate.
- Employee/consultant expense report processing, using Nexonia software where applicable.
- Coding of invoices and expense report items for review and approval by senior team member.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable details to control account, by currency.
- Set up payments to vendors and reimbursement to employees and consultants on a periodic basis; provide full support to payment approver.
- Reconcile General ledger accounts (e.g. bank/cash, credit cards) for review by senior team member; prepare journal entries as requested, and approved, by senior team member.
- Provide updated credit references to Procurement Specialists in order for them to obtain best credit terms possible from vendors.
- Preparation of certain tax credit returns for review and approval.
- Other duties as required from time to time (such as implementation of expense management software) related to the support of the Finance & Accounting department.
Who you are / what do you bring
- Knowledge and experience in accounting transactions including Accounts Payable
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to easily work with others
- Good financial and business judgement skills and instincts to go along with detail orientation
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment, to move things forward, to meet stringent timelines, and to handle multiple demands simultaneously
- University degree (likely in Business/Commerce) is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems is an asset
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re flexible, curious and relentless, you’ll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Cytiva is a global life sciences leader with over 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of life sciences companies, a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world. As part of a greater Life Sciences platform, you’ll redefine what it means to innovate every day. Pioneering the future of science, research, and medicine gives you unlimited opportunities to find the next breakthrough that will best serve scientists and medical professionals in the fight to save lives.
Learn even more and apply for this position here.