Accounts Payable Specialist
Vanrx is seeking a results-driven and self-motivated individual for the position of Accounts Payable (“AP”) Specialist. The successful candidate will enter our organization in a key role within Finance, ensuring accurate Payables and Payments are administered after goods/services have been procured and received / rendered.
Vanrx Pharmasystems makes the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx fill-finish machines use isolated robotics and machine vision to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into nested vials, syringes or cartridges. The company was founded by pharmaceutical industry veterans to create the systems needed to make the next generation of innovative therapies.
Vanrx is seeking a results-driven and self-motivated individual for the position of Accounts Payable (“AP”) Specialist. The successful candidate will enter our organization in a key role within Finance, ensuring accurate Payables and Payments are administered after goods/services have been procured and received/rendered.
This is a new “hands-on” role involved in supporting nearly everyone and all operations in a rapidly growing company. Reporting to the Controller, you are primarily responsible for recording and qualifying vendor invoices and setting up payments thereon, managing the corporate credit program and administering employees’ expense reports.
- Receive and record invoices from vendors.
- Match invoices to purchasing and receiving records, where available. Route non-inventory invoices to appropriate manager for approval. Resolve invoice discrepancies with internal and external parties, as appropriate.
- Employee/consultant expense report processing, using Nexonia software where applicable.
- Coding of invoices and expense report items for review and approval by senior team member.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable details to control account, by currency.
- Set up payments to vendors and reimbursement to employees and consultants on a periodic basis; provide full support to payment approver.
- Reconcile basic General ledger accounts (e.g. bank/cash, credit cards) for review by senior team member; prepare journal entries as requested, and approved, by senior team member.
- Provide updated credit references to Procurement Specialists in order for them to obtain best credit terms possible from vendors.
- Preparation of certain input tax credit returns for review and approval.
- Other duties as required from time to time related to the support of the Finance & Accounting department.
Skills and experienced required
- Knowledge and experience in accounting transactions including Accounts Payable
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily work with others
- Good financial and business judgment skills and instincts to go along with detail orientation
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment, to move things forward, to meet stringent timelines, and to handle multiple demands simultaneously.
- University degree (likely in Business/Commerce) is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems is an asset
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance benefits including MSP coverage.
- Flexible work space with every employee having an Apple laptop, you are able to schedule video meetings and attend conferences via video link from remote locations.
- We focus on professional development and personal growth; we have a range of internal and external training opportunities available.
- Innovative and collaborative work environment with a thriving culture.
We are always looking for extraordinary and talented individuals to bring new vision, inventive methods and the confidence to progress at Vanrx Pharmasystems. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our growing team, we are constantly thriving by giving our employees the freedom to contribute to making the world a better place.