Control System Engineer
We are looking for a Control System Engineer for a role that includes hands-on systems level integration of robots, data analysis and software development.
This role includes hands-on systems level integration of robots, data analysis and software development, and involves close interaction with mechanical, electrical, software, test, and manufacturing engineering functions. If you are excited about designing and building robotic or automated systems, then we’d love to hear from you.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is a pioneering company making the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx aseptic filling machines use robotics, gloveless isolator and machine vision technologies to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into vials, syringes or cartridges.
Vanrx was #1 on the 2018 Deloitte Fast 50 list of the fastest growing technology companies in Canada. The company’s continued growth makes this an exciting time to join our remarkable team.
- System integration and associated verification and troubleshooting activities.
- Maintain accurate design and verification documents.
- Assist mechanical and manufacturing teams during the build phase.
- Debug and commission control systems at our facility, during the system integration stage and at customer sites during. commissioning and testing.
- Follow and complete testing documentation to a high standard
- Provide remote support to customers as required.
- Create, update and improve technical work instructions.
- Support R&D prototype development and test activities.
- Travel as required to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning and training duties. Up to 30% of the time.
Required Skills and Experience
- A post-secondary engineering degree, diploma or equivalent; specializing in electrical, mechanical, or mechatronics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with customers with discretion.
- Detail-orientated; able to identify and troubleshoot problems with industrial machinery, independently if necessary.
- Strong programming, mechanical and electrical problem solving skills.
- 1 – 5 years of programming in a PLC environment (Allen-Bradley) preferably on factory automation equipment.
- Experience with Wonderware InTouch software will be an asset.
- Experience with data acquisition and data historians.
- Experience with industrial networking considered an asset.
- Understanding of robotics, control systems, and machine operation with hands-on experience is desirable.
- Experience working in regulated industries and environments. GAMP experience considered a bonus.
- A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance benefits including MSP coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation from your start date
- Flexible work space with every employee having an Apple laptop, you are able to schedule video meetings and attend conferences via video link from remote locations
- We focus on professional development and personal growth; we have a range of internal and external training opportunities available
- Innovative and collaborative work environment with a thriving culture
We are always looking for extraordinary and talented individuals to bring new vision, inventive methods and the confidence to progress at Vanrx Pharmasystems. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our growing team, we are constantly thriving by giving our employees the freedom to contribute to making the world a better place.