We are seeking multiple Electrical Technicians to assemble and wire PLC-based electronic control modules, robotic controls, electrical actuators and sensors across our product line.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is at the forefront of introducing groundbreaking robotics and automation into the pharmaceutical sector. The role of Electrical Technician is an exciting and diverse opportunity to help drive our successful company’s rapid growth and be a contributing and instrumental member of an experienced Manufacturing team.
Our award winning company is seeking multiple Electrical Technicians to assemble and wire PLC-based electronic control modules, robotic controls, electrical actuators and sensors across our product line. This role will involve both bench wiring and testing of assemblies, as well as main chassis wiring and routing. This position will also require close interaction with engineering, quality, and warehouse personnel to ensure day-to-day activities are on schedule. Exceptional communication skills, a willingness to travel, and high technical competency are key requirements for the role. Excellent knowledge of complex electro-mechanical systems and hands-on problem solving capabilities are also essential.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is a pioneering company making the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx aseptic filling machines use robotics, gloveless isolator and machine vision technologies to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into vials, syringes or cartridges.
Vanrx was #1 on the 2018 Deloitte Fast 50 list of the fastest growing technology companies in Canada. The company’s continued growth makes this an exciting time to join our remarkable team.
- Assemble, wire and test electro-mechanical systems in an efficient and timely manner as per manufacturing schedule
- Label cables and terminations with diligence and accuracy
- Perform I/O and wiring integrity checks prior to power-up
- Perform quality inspections, part assessments, and report deficiencies within the manufacturing process
- Understand and perform various electrical activities as per electrical drawings and schematics
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Ensure day-to-day activities are performed in compliance to the Vanrx safety program
- Contribute to and foster an environment which encourages, supports, and recognizes new ideas and initiatives
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives, such as implementing new processes, equipment, etc.
- When required, short notice travel to service systems in the field
- Support other departments as needed
Required skills and experiences
- 3 or more years of demonstrated work experience in instrumentation or industrial fields
- Lean manufacturing experience (issue/opportunity identification, solution development/execution/containment mindset)
- Proven experience reading electrical wiring diagrams, schematics, and technical documentation
- Knowledge of electrical standards: CSA22.2 No. 14 and UL508A
- Ability to use electrical and mechanical assembly hand tools to wire, label and test components
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assemblies at a time
- High attention to detail approach in performing work
- Strong ability to successfully work in teams as well as independently
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent diploma in Electrical Trades or an Electronic Technician/Robotics program
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance benefits including MSP coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation from your start date
- Flexible work space with every employee having an Apple laptop, you are able to schedule video meetings and attend conferences via video link from remote locations
- We focus on professional development and personal growth; we have a range of internal and external training opportunities available
- Innovative and collaborative work environment with a thriving culture
We are always looking for extraordinary and talented individuals to bring new vision, inventive methods and the confidence to progress at Vanrx Pharmasystems. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our growing team, we are constantly thriving by giving our employees the freedom to contribute to making the world a better place.