General Manager, Aseptic Fill Finish
We are looking for a General Manager to lead Cytiva Vancouver into the future.
Be part of something altogether life-changing!
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Vanrx, the newest addition to the Cytiva family
As the newest addition to the Cytiva family, Vanrx (Cytiva Vancouver) is at the forefront of introducing ground breaking robotics and automation to the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Our systems are used by leading biopharma companies around the world to manufacture cutting-edge drug products.
Founded in 2007, Vanrx designs and manufactures Aseptic Filling Workcells, the industry’s only gloveless robotic isolators. The SA25 Aseptic FIlling Workcell and Microcell Vial Filler reduce risk and increase speed to patients in manufacturing life-changing therapies in vials, syringes and cartridges.
We are looking for a General Manager to lead Cytiva Vancouver into the future. This role is akin to a CEO responsible for all functions comprising of 135 amazing colleagues including: HR, Finance, IT, Operations, Manufacturing, Supply chain, QA/RA, Marketing, Sales, Service, Engineering. Our growth targets are ambitious and the role has a significant opportunity to shape Cytiva’s trajectory through synergies with Cytiva’s BioProcess portfolio and influence the 100 day strat.
What you will do
- Ensure smooth transition into overall Cytiva and Danaher through leadership across functions
- Champion DBS adoption across the organization
- Set strategic goals for the business and ensure we achieve commitments made to deal sponsors in the 100 day strat
- Ensure successful transition to additional manufacturing site to further extend manufacturing capabilities
- Be part of BioProcess L2 leadership team and integrate Vanrx offerings into overall BioProcess offerings
- Explore investment opportunities to accelerate Vanrx footprint
- Ensure continued investment and focus on: product design, acceleration of sales growth, focus on talent attraction, and integration of processes and culture.
- Partner with the L2 team to achieve policy deployment objectives, core value driver targets by identifying and targeting process improvement opportunities
- Coordinate PSP and Kaizen activities across the organization to focus on the critical few, eliminate waster or duplicate effort, and drive sustainable result
Who you are
- Proven track record in managing relationships with customers and meeting revenue/market growth goals
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view; effective at structured problem solving and critical thinking
- Demonstrate impressive analytical skills, business acumen, learning agility, network leadership and stretched experience as well as passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to recruit, lead and develop a high-performance manufacturing organization
- 20+ years commercial and general management experience operating within organizations that sells both capital equipment with a consumable component
- Creation of strategy to harness new areas of valuable technology to grow the portfolio
- Seasoned leader with ability to develop and scale businesses and talent
- Have led seasoned functional experts and a leader of leaders
- Seasoned DBS practitioner that can lead by example
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out!
Learn even more and apply for this position here.