We are looking for a Service Technician to support the physical, mechanical, electrical, and controls aspects of system installation.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Technician will work with customers, as well as, the Operations and Projects team to execute installs and provide support for Vanrx systems at customer sites globally. The Service Technician will support the physical, mechanical, electrical, and controls aspects of the installation and be a key member in the acceptance testing of new Vanrx aseptic filling systems. The role will also assist in validation support, perform preventative maintenance services, and be attentive for both remote and on-site support.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is a pioneering company making the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx aseptic filling machines use robotics, gloveless isolator and machine vision technologies to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into vials, syringes or cartridges.
Vanrx was #1 on the 2018 Deloitte Fast 50 list of the fastest growing technology companies in Canada. The company’s continued growth makes this an exciting time to join our remarkable team.
- Perform on-site services including installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Assemble and perform the mechanical, electrical, and controls aspects of the installation and acceptance testing of new Vanrx Aseptic Filling systems.
- Support customers remotely and in the field.
- Be an ambassador of Vanrx at customer sites.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail in performing work.
- Ability to successfully work both in teams and independently.
- Utilize the service tracking system to provide regular internal updates on service projects.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining product service and maintenance documents.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Assemble and test new systems when not in the field.
- Ensure day-to-day activities are performed in compliance with the Vanrx safety program.
- Contribute and foster an environment which encourages, supports, and recognizes new ideas and initiatives.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives, such as implementing new processes, equipment, etc.
- International travel up to 50% of the time (short notice travel may occur and valid passport and/or travel documents are required.)
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years demonstrated work experience in two of the following areas: Mechanical assembly of complex large scale equipment or products. Assembly and wiring of PLC-based electronic control modules, robotic controls, and electrical actuators and sensors.
- Lean manufacturing experience (issue/opportunity identification, solution development/ execution/containment mindset).
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent diploma in Electrical Trades or an Electronic Technician/Robotics program.
What do we offer you?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance benefits including MSP coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation from your start date
- Flexible work space
- We focus on professional development and personal growth; we have a range of internal and external training opportunities available
- Innovative and collaborative work environment with a thriving culture
We are always looking for extraordinary and talented individuals to bring new vision, inventive methods and the confidence to progress at Vanrx Pharmasystems. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our growing team, we are constantly thriving by giving our employees the freedom to contribute to making the world a better place.